See better . Look better . Feel better .
*PLEASE ARRIVE 10 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED TIME TO ALLOW FOR CHECK-IN AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTING BEFORE YOUR TIME WITH THE DOCTOR.
For your appointment, you will need the following:
- A mask or proper face shield (home-made face coverings are acceptable). We have a limited number of non-medical masks available in-clinic for $2 each.
- If you are visiting for an OHIP-covered eye exam, please bring your health card;
- We also request that you bring a list of medications (if you take any);
- Your prescription eyewear (both clear and sun);
- If you are a contact lens wearer, please remove your lenses before coming to the appointment. We recommend wearing glasses instead. If you must wear them to come into the clinic, please arrive early enough to remove them in-clinic before your appointment time and bring in your solution and contact lens case.
Please note: OHIP covers the exam fees for Kids between the ages of 0 – 19 years old and for adults 65 years or older every 12 months (excludes the fee of the retinal scan). Adults between the ages of 20 – 64 are generally not covered for routine eye exams.
Cancellation/Missed Appointment Policy
Should you need to make any changes or if you need to reschedule your appointment, please make sure to contact us at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $65 cancellation fee.
NEW Covid-19 Protocols
Here are the new health and safety measures put in place:
- All patients must meet with our Patient Coordinators to check-in so that all visits, no matter their nature, can be properly recorded.
- Everyone must wear a mask or face shield to enter the clinic.
- Appointments are spread apart to complete comprehensive cleanings.
- Optical services are by appointment only, there are no walk-in accommodations for the time being.
- Directional arrows are placed in clinic and signage is posted with distancing protocols.
- Patients are strongly encouraged to come in ALONE for their visit unless otherwise requested. For families, we recommend 1 adult to 1 child visiting at a time to accommodate proper distancing protocols. Please advise us of your needs at time of booking.
- Staff is equipped with proper PPE.
- Everyone is required to wash/sanitize their hands before and after interacting with patients.
- All surfaces are heavily cleaned daily.
- A sanitizing station has been created to disinfect frames after you’ve touched them.
- Exam rooms and testing equipment are cleaned and sanitized after every appointment.
- Common touch-points such as magazines, books and toys have been removed.
- To limit the number of visits you need to make in-clinic, you can now purchase various products online at www.nuvolife.ca. Prescription eyewear excluded.
Nuvo Eye Centre Inc. | www.nuvoeyes.ca